Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Crazy Love; Francis Chan pg 1-53

Ok, I know I was reading Lolita last week, and I seem to jump around a lot (I never finished the second or third books in the "Pretty Little Liar" series either), but I fully intend to go back and finish Lolita next week. Or something. It's a really good book. But this book, "Crazy Love,"is amazing. I heard about it and I got a copy for my friend for her birthday in January (although it's still sitting in my closet because I haven't given it to her yet haha).
Ok, so I read two chapters and the first chapter is pretty much all about coming face to face with God. Chan pretty much states that you can't forget about God's power, how all-knowing and all-powerful he is. He's pretty blunt about everything he says, so it really gets you when tells you to stop praying. Of course, that's not really what he means. But you'll have to read the chapter to figure it out for yourself!
Chapter two, titled "You may not finish this chapter" is pretty alarming. It really puts into perspective just how fragile life on earth is. We seem to fall into a rut and think that everything is stable. But in reality, we really need God more than we know, even when all seems to be going well. It makes you wonder if you're ready to be judged before God. Some interesting thoughts:
- What would people say about you at your funeral?
- What would God say about you at your funeral?

No comments:

Post a Comment