Monday, April 25, 2011

Crazy Love Pg 84-100

This section was only one chapter, chapter 5, but this chapter was packed with neat stuff to read about.
I'm going to make a list of some points that Chan made in this section:

- He pretty much stated that lukewarm Christians are not real Christians, which is kind of scary for me. Am I not considered a Christian because I can identify with some of the lukewarm characteristics??
- Hopefully we already knew this, but Jesus is asking for all or nothing. You have to be willing to trust God with everything you have, or else that relationship with Him just won't work.
- Then he goes back and says that we shouldn't doubt our own salvation when we read this book. Everyone has ways they can improve, and no one Christian is perfect. I can't describe how relieved I was after I read this.
- Chan also posed a question that is worth pondering: how many of us would leave our families, our jobs, our homes and possessions if God asked us to? I know it'd be extremely difficult for me because, i'll admit I'm a bit materialistic (then again, isn't everyone?). I guess that's something that needs to be worked on. If I put my full trust in God, it would be a whole lot easier to leave everything behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment