Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Crazy Love; Pg 53-83

I hope it's not weird that I'm bringing God into my schoolwork, I've always thought it was kind of an awkward subject to bring into education because it's so controversial, but I guess if this offends you then don't read it haha.
So: Chapter 3 is where I believe we left off.
Chan shows the reader that most people think of God's love as a father's love. But then it get's really interesting. Chan tells a story of when he was a child, and it really made me think. He says that he always thought of God's love like a father's love, but it was different for him. When he was younger, his father used to beat him, and ended up dying when Chan was only 12 years old. He tried so hard to please his other "father", God, after that, but he eventually realized the difference between his blood father and God his father.
Chapter four is probably my favorite chapter of the whole book, because I can relate so much to it. It's called "profile of the lukewarm" and it talks about what is called a "lukewarm Christian." This is just a person who doesn't give there whole self to God, kind of like a "rainy day friend," someone who is only a Christian when it suites them. It's sad because Chan gives loads of examples of lukewarm Christians, and I feel like I can identify with quite a lot of them.
- lukewarm people only give their "leftover" money to God
- lukewarm people mostly choose what is popular over what is right and just (this is a big one for me)
- lukewarm people don't apologize because of their sin, but because they don't want to be punished by God
- lukewarm people rarely share their faith with others

Can you see yourself in any of these?? I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment