Saturday, January 29, 2011

Acts Pg 1445-1462

For church this week I read Acts 1-12, and since the Bible is a book, I figured I could log it as reading! So Acts is written by Luke and records the growth and spread of Christianity and the activities of the first-century church.  It begins with the ascendance of Jesus into heaven. For the first few chapters, the leading figure is Peter, who on Pentecost gives a challenging Sermon. However, most of the rest of the book is devoted to Paul as him and his companions act as missionaries.

I think I am going to Haiti for a missions trip during spring break this year, and I'm really excited! Although I've never done any sort of missions work before, so I'm kind of nervous. Reading about the first missionaries is pretty interesting to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment