Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Inspiration.


Alright, well I got on the computer to do my required book review about the book I just finished. It's called Glass, by Ellen Hopkins, and it was easily just as good as the first one. But we'll get to that later. As I was about to do my review, I got distracted by YouTube. I came across this video, taken from the movie Facing The Giants. The thing is, I've probably seen it fifty times already, but it just seems to get better every time. Chad, my enormous and slightly intimidating swim coach, has shown us this video throughout the year  hoping to inspire us.  It's no secret to anyone on the swim team that I've been anything but motivated this year. Ultimately, I do have extremely high goals for myself at the end of the season (in 32 short days!), especially considering my work ethic so far this year... or lack thereof. So, watching this video, I thought that if Brock can do what he just did, then maybe I can push myself a little bit further every time I practice too. I think sometimes you don't realize just how strong you are, or you set limits on yourself (at least I know I do).  Remember this next time there's something you think you can't do! 



No comments:

Post a Comment