Sunday, January 16, 2011

Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolars; Pg 1-100

Deadly Little Lies starts out with Camelia hearing the voice of her ex-boyfriend in the middle of the night and following it to her basement, where she then sculpts an exact replica of his (Ben, his name) arm and a rather detailed scar he has. The reader finds out that this Ben has the power of psychometry, he can see the future through touch. He's been out of school for some time now, but he's ready to return. The rest of the student body, however, is not. This opposition is partially due to the fact that he accidentally pushed one of his girlfriends off a cliff, and partially due to several wild rumors spreading about him. Anyways, back to Camelia. At this point in the book, she's being bullied pretty badly by someone who refuses to reveal their identity. Camelia is the victim of a variety of harsh pranks, including several threatening notes and taunting pictures. To top it all off, Camelia believes that she has acquired some of Ben's psychometric abilities.

This book took me a while to get into. When I first started reading about some girl who randomly starts sculpting an arm in her basement I was like.... Uhh ok. But once I got past that, it got pretty good. Its almost like a mystery now, and I can't wait to find out who's messing with Camelia. She seems pretty sane to me, so I don't think she's making this stuff up in her mind. And I really don't think this Ben guy is the most fitting choice for her. I understand he has some freaky powers and he's trying to protect others and all, but he does seem a bit hostile. I guess we'll find out, 182 pages left!

No comments:

Post a Comment