Sunday, January 9, 2011

Good Afternoon.

Hey there, I think ill make a blog today. I have to admit, the only reason I'm doing a blog because my etymology teacher is making all his classes do it. Actually, I've always thought blogging was pretty weird. Like, think about it, why don't you write your innermost thoughts on a webpage so people you don't even know can read about your life? Idk, pretty sketchy to me.

Ok, I'm not sure if I should be using proper english here, I might get points taken off for using the phrase "Idk." To be perfectly honest, I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to be writing about either. I know I'm supposed to write about the 150 pages I read every week, but of course I probably won't be finishing that until the night before it's due. Now, Mr. Hill did say that we can read just 100 pages a week, if we read literary fiction or nonfiction, but most of that is way over my head anyways.

I guess I could talk about the book I read last week. It was called Crank, and if you've ever read an Ellen Hopkins book, you know they're pretty twisted. They all seem to be about teens who screw their lives over, but everything is good in the end. And by good, I mean they're most likely addicted to drugs, struggling, but still alive. Crank is about a good girl named Kristina who's life gets flipped upside down when she visits her addict dad for two weeks one summer. She comes back as a completely different girl, named Bree, who's addicted to meth and pretty much willing to whore herself out for drugs and money (will I get in trouble for saying that in a school assignment..?). Anyways, I'm about 450 pages into the sequel now, called Glass. If you thought the first one was bad, get this: now she has a baby with a guy who raped her, is living with her drug dealer, sleeping with several different guys that she "loves", not to mention she's now addicted to an even stronger form of meth called glass. I feel like i need a shower after reading all this.

Ok, I've been at the computer for over an hour now trying to type this, because I keep getting distracted by my phone.  I gotta go to bed, I can't think of anything I'd rather do than wake up at 4:30 for morning swim practice. What is it, 5 hours of practice a day? Yesssss.  Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment