Friday, January 21, 2011

Scar Tissue page 1-45

I decided to ditch my last book, Dirty Little Lies I think it was called. It was just so cliche, way too hard to stay interested in. I feel like if you have to force yourself to read a book its not worth it. On the other hand, I got this new book from Mr. Hill's library today. I had heard it was pretty interesting so I decided to check it out. So far, its even better than I expected. Its just the kind if book I like to read. That's kind of bizarre because the story is pretty out of line. I think I can safely say that Tony wasn't one of those kids who liked to color in the lines. In fact, he's pretty darn eccentric, or at least so far he is. I think its just that which makes the story so engrossing.

Scar Tissue is an autobiography of Anthony Kiedis, lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. So far I'm up to him at twelve years old, and he's already gotten into more trouble and mischief than I could handle in a lifetime. He starts out in present day describing some of the effects of his recklessness and how he is dealing with them. Then he starts by telling all about his grandparents, his parents, and finally him. throughout his childhood, he jumps back and forth between the urban life of his mother in Michigan and the life of a rockstar with his dad in California. However, there isn't a clean separation between the two, and Tony brings his negligent party life back to Michigan. Experiences thus far include but are not limited to:
-trying pot before he was done with elementary school
-helping his dad secretly deal and distribute drugs
-losing his virginity, with his dad's consent, to his Dad's girlfriend in 6th grade

K well that's it for now, more to come !

No comments:

Post a Comment