Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lolita pg 103-135

I read chapters 26 to 30. And all I keep thinking is..... Lolita is 12 years old. When I was twelve years old I was in 6th grade and I was obsessed with panda bears and obnoxious earrings. I feel like I can't identify with Lolita at all... She kisses Humbert after he picks her up! And when I say kiss, I don't mean like a friendly "oh hi dad I've missed you" type of thing, I believe it was a flirtatious kiss. But wait. it gets worse. Later on in this section Lolita fornicates with Humbert. AS A 12 YEAR OLD. I can't get over this. I didn't even have my first kiss till I was in 7th grade, and that was playing spin the bottle.... I would never have even dreamed of that.... still wouldn't.
Ok so this is how it happened: Humbert picked her up from camp and brought her to a hotel, where he gives her a sleeping pill. However, he doesn't perform the act that night. It happens the next day, when Lolita asks about if he ever did it when he was younger. She seems to know exactly what she is doing, she's seducing him on purpose. If you ask me, that is. It's weird how sex for Lolita is just another activity to do, not a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment