Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 29, 2011

I think the interviews of the high school seniors are really funny. My favorite is definitely the marijuana baker.  His name is Salome Zamora, and he says, "we can bake it into their food for them, so they can get their medicine," but only for people with medicinal marijuana privileges of course. He claims that they would only sell the marijuana food to "people who have medical marijuana cards." In the back of my mind, I'm thinking he kind of looks like he might be into marijuana, so maybe the bakery isn't to help people but just an excuse for him to get a hold of large quantities of marijuana (or maybe a little bit of both?). Hahaha, whatever floats your boat I guess!

I watched the soccer sensation video, but first I read the article about Indi Cowie. I have to admit, when I read the article, I was thinking "this girl sounds like a total stuck-up jerk!" She seems to disregard her team mates and she's a bit of a ball hog. I don't agree with the angry calls she got from her team mates, but at the same time, there has to be a reason that not one of her team mates likes her. On the other hand, my opinion of Indi changed after I watched the video. All the assumptions I had made based on the reading were contradicted. From the video, it seems like Indi is just genuinely interested in soccer, and she doesn't act like she's better than the other soccer players (even though she clearly is). And I guess... If you're that good, kudos to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment